Here’s another interesting poll. Also interesting is that, as with many of these “most hated” type of questionnaires. Some of these Japanese actors and comedians may exist on both the hated and loved lists at the same time.
Here is the list of the hated ones with a little explanation of who they are. If you follow Japanese entertainment, you probably won’t be surprised at all.
This poll was published in the October 14th edition of the magazine Shukan Bunshun, and used responses from about 2,000 Japanese women aged 18 to 39.
1. Shinsuke Shimada – “owner” of the Hexagon family and several TV shows. Also known for treating his juniors like crap (the incident with the comedy trio Tokyo 03 among others) and suspected connections to crime syndicates. Also expected to run for political office someday.
2. Tetsuro Degawa (pictured) – He’s a “comedian” who is supposed to be known for having funny reactions to things that happen to him.
3. Takuya Kimura – Yup… the one from SMAP. That’s right, the one set to star in the live action Space Battleship Yamato movie set to come out in Japan this December. He’s still popular with some, hated by others.
4. Eiko Kano – If you know Japanese comedians, he’s the one who is relatively unfunny and does a sort of “unpopular host club host” character. His catchphrase is “Ramen, Tsukemen, Boku Ikemen” (Ramen, Tsukemen (noodles similar to ramen that you dip in sauce), I’m a cool guy.”)
5. Manabu Oshio – a Japanese actor who has been in legal trouble for drugs (and “letting” a woman overdose and die at his house… he never called for an ambulance) among other things. I understate this by saying that he’s kind of a weird guy.