The YouTube Japan Mobile Site has recently been revamped and released out on the public.
YouTube has been accessible on mobile phones in Japan for several years now (depending on your make and model of phone), but the writers at the official Japanese language blog of YouTube seem particularly proud of the latest version.
They say the new version
- provides faster and smoother video
- has larger buttons and links making it easier to navigate on a small touchscreen
- offers the features that users have when viewing on their desktop
- features keyword suggest, the ability to create playlists, favorites, and rating of videos
- promises that updates to the PC sight will immediately show up on the mobile site as well
The following video demonstrates the new features of the site: